Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring concert and end of the year

I was just sitting at my desk and I realized I hadn't yet written a post about the AMAZING spring concerts! I was so pleased with the performance of all students. The kindergarteners impressed me with their very good concert etiquette and with projecting their voices. The first and second graders were so much fun with "So Cool" and I will always remember that moment. Third and fourth graders brought down the house with their difficult "Annie" piece. Fifth grade sang some impressively difficult songs and rocked some body percussion and tough sign language. Overall, I am so happy with the quality of these performances. Every year I wonder how I will top the year before, but the kids always manage to help me do it. Thank you to students and parents for an amazing experience.

One week left, can you believe it??? It's very sad as I begin to say my goodbyes to the students. I have so enjoyed their varied personalities and styles, and I have been so lucky to share my love of music with them. Thank you, everyone, for your support.

I will leave this blog up and running for students who wish to practice recorder music through this page. I will also update from time to time about how I am doing down in Denver. Students and parents are welcome to read and leave comments. You may have to access the blog directly by going to www.universityschoolsmusic.blogspot.com rather than accessing it through the University Schools website.

Have a great last week!

3 comments:

  1. Hello - my kids have been singing and humming a song we think came from a concert last year (4th) - It is a silly song that has some lines like - Run my lil' donkey run and a word like Danglieo (sp?) - If you happen to know the name of the song or lyrics we would love to know it - You impacted my boys with music while at UH even if you didn't see at the time -thanks - Tyler (Levi, Gabe, and Andrew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Glad I still have some readers out there. The song is called "Tingalayo." There are many versions out there, but the one we did goes...

    Refrain:
    Tingalayo, run my little donkey run
    Tingalayo, run my little donkey run

    Verse 1:
    Me donkey fast, me donkey slow
    Me donkey come and me donkey go
    Me donkey fast and me donkey slow
    Me donkey come and me donkey go

    Refrain again

    Verse 2:
    Me donkey dance, me donkey sing
    Me donkey wearin' a diamond ring
    Me donkey dance and me donkey sing
    Me donkey wearin' a diamond ring

    Refrain again

    Verse 3:
    Me donkey swim, me donkey ski
    Me donkey dresses elegantly
    Me donkey swim and me donkey ski
    Me donkey dresses elegantly

    Refrain again

    We also did sign language to go with it- they could ask Ms. Lisa about that too. I miss everyone from UH! I hope all is well there! Say hi to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys just had it in their heads so much, I wanted to get the actual song for them sometime - thank you very much - hope all is well

    ReplyDelete